If you like Chicken Wings then this is a must try! Even though these are baked, they are crispy without all the extra fat! The sauce is amazing on the wings. The sauce is sweet with a little heat. These would be great for an appetizer or for the main course if you added something else with them. They are very easy to make.
Baked Sweet Chili Chicken Wings- Source
1 hour 15 mins
Author: Carla Cardello (www.chocolatemoosey.com)
- 6 wing dings (drumettes and/or flats)*
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line the bottom of a roasting pan or cookie sheet with foil. Place a roasting or cooling rack on top.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the wings, oil, salt and pepper. Place wings onto rack in the pan and bake 45-50 minutes until cooked through and skin is crispy.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze. In a medium saucepan, mix together the water, chili sauce, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, stirring occasionally, until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 8 minutes. Let sit for 15 minutes to thicken slightly.
- When the wings are finished, toss into the glaze and serve.
- Optional: After tossing in the glaze, bake for an additional 8-10 minutes or until the glaze is lightly caramelized.
*Wing dings are chicken wings that are cut into three sections. If you cut the wings yourself, discard the tips and keep the drumstick and flat parts.
The first thing I did was marinate the chicken wings in a mixture of soy sauce and apple cider vinegar. It did not say to do this, I just thought it would make the chicken a little more flavorful, which it did. I did not measure the soy sauce and apple cider vinegar, I just used more of the vinegar than the soy sauce. I left it in the marinade for about an hour and turned the chicken in the marinade about half way.
Pat the chicken wings with a paper towel when you take them out of the marinade. Put the chicken wings in a bowl with the salt, pepper, and oil. Toss till well coated. Place a roasting or cooling rack on top of a foil lined cookie sheet or roasting rack. Place the wings onto the rack.
Bake at 400 degrees about 45-50 until cooked through and skin is crispy. I turned my over about half way through the cooking time.
While the wings are baking start making the glaze. This is what you need to make it.
Put the water, garlic, soy sauce, Sweet Chili Sauce, and ginger in a medium-sized pot. Bring this to a boil and reduce heat to low for about 8 minutes. I made a mistake and bought the wrong Sweet Chili Sauce. This one was kind of hot so I made some adjustments to it. I added some ketchup, brown sugar and more water to get it to a taste I liked that was not too hot. When it has reduced to the way you want it, turn it off and let it sit. It will thicken as it cools.
When the wings are done toss them in the glaze. If you want put them back in the oven for about 8-10 minutes and they will start to caramelize!
Can you say yum, yum! All I can say now is just enjoy them! I bet you can’t help licking your fingers!
These are truly amazing little sandwiches. They are easy to make and have a great flavor. What makes these different is the glaze you brush over the sandwiches. These would be great for a sports party as an appetizer or at a kids party as the main course. I had them for my dinner with a salad and some fruit. I think instead of ham you could use Turkey, wheat rolls, and any kind of cheese you like.
Best Darn Ham Sandwiches Ever
Prep time: 1 hour 20 min
Cook time: 15 min
Ready in: 1 hour 35 min
- You will need two 9 x 13 pans. Place the bottoms of 12 rolls in each pan. Place ham (about 2 shaved slices or so) on the rolls. Cut the cheese slices into 4 parts and place 2 small pieces on each sandwich. Put the dinner roll tops on.
- In a sauce pan, mix butter, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, garlic powder and poppy seeds. Wait until all butter is melted and then brush the melted mixture over the ham sandwiches
- Cover with foil and let sit in fridge for 1 hour or over night. (If you want to bake them right away, you can also.) Preheat oven to 375 and bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve.
The first step I did was make the glaze that you brush over the sandwiches. I did not use poppy seeds. Mix butter, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, and garlic powder together in a small saucepan till the butter melts. I did this in the microwave.
Next put your sandwiches together. I did use the Sweet Hawaiian Rolls. I spread a little bit of butter on mine first. I also used honey ham which is what I like. Add your ham and cheese. You can see I was very generous with my ham and cheese.
Brush the glaze over the sandwiches. Here comes the important part. Cover with foil and put into the refrigerator for 1 hour or overnight.
Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until the cheese melts. I baked mine with the foil on top for about 10 minutes and then uncovered them the rest of the cooking time. I can tell you that you will Love these!!!!
I give this recipe plus out of 4……
Today I have another wonderful appetizer for you! This one has peaches, blue cheese and honey on a French baguette. The flavors are perfect for the summer. This is very easy to make and would be perfect right before a summer meal.
Crostini with Peaches, Blue Cheese and Honey:
(from Heather Christo’s Generous Table)
What it took for 12 crostini:
* 1 baguette, cut into 1/2-inch slices * 2 Tbs. olive oil * 1 clove garlic * 1- 2 peaches, pitted and sliced into thin wedges * 8 oz Cambozola cheese * about 2 Tbs. honey
Preheat oven to 400.
Arrange the baguette slices on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle the oil over the bread. Bake for 7 minutes, or until the toasts are lightly golden. Remove from the oven and rub each toast with the raw garlic clove. Arrange the peach wedges over the bread. I was able to get 2 little wedges per toast. Then divide the cheese over the peaches and place back in the oven for another 5 to 7 minutes, or until the cheese is melting and the peaches have softened.
Remove from the oven and drizzle with honey. Serve ‘em to only yourself!
The first thing you need to do is cut your baguette into 1/2 inch slices and drizzle them with olive oil. Bake for about 5 minute till lightly golden.
I would not let my bread get this golden. I left it in just a little too long. Rub it with the cut garlic.
Add the peach slices on top of each toasted bread slice.
Add the blue cheese on top of the peaches. Place back in the oven for about 5 minutes or until the cheese has begun to melt and the peaches are softened.
This is what it looks like when it is ready. Drizzle with honey. Bon Appetit!!
I give this recipe plus out of 4……
If you are looking for a yummy appetizer and like tomatoes then this is the one for you. The combination of the ricotta cheese, tomatoes and fresh basil fit the bill nicely. It also is very easy to make and does not take too much time.
ROASTED TOMATO MINI PIES
see the source for the complete recipe
The first thing I did was to cut the tomatoes in slices.
Then I mixed the ricotta cheese, part of the basil, grated parmesan cheese, and pressed garlic clove together in a small bowl. Set aside.
Next roll out your puff pastry into a square, cut it into 4 pieces, score it, bake it on a parchment lined pan for about 10 minutes.
Spread the ricotta cheese mixture on top of each piece.
Next put the sliced tomatoes on top and bake them for another 10-15 minutes.
You want the pastry golden and the tomatoes slightly roasted. Then add the rest of the basil and drizzle with olive oil. You will be delightfully surprised with the flavors. This is perfect for the summer with all the wonderful tomatoes around!
I give this recipe plus out of 4……
These are not your everyday meatballs. These are made with ground chicken and baked, which make them healthier. I really enjoyed the taste and the Raspberry Chipotle Sauce is really an added plus for these meatball. It gives them a sweet and spicy flavor. You can make these appetizer or main course size. I think they would be great for a party! They can be served hot or cold.
Chicken Meatball with Raspberry Chipotle
Author: Aletta van der Walt
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Serves: 4 – 30
A great appetizer or main course. The sweet, smokey and spicy sauce
is perfect with this low calorie chicken meatball.
- 1 cup (250 ml) bread, torn into small bits – preferably French or Italian bread
- 1/3 (80 ml) cup milk
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 pound (450 g) ground chicken
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 6 tablespoons (90 ml) Raspberry Chipotle Sauce (I like
- Fischer & Wieser Razzpotle Roasted Raspberry Sauce)
- Soak the bread in the milk until softened. About 4 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F with a rack in the upper third of the oven. Baking the meatballs in the top part of the oven help to create a nice brown outside.
- Heat half the oil in a large skillet. Cook onion, and garlic over medium heat until onion is softened, add the salt and pepper.
- Squeeze bread to remove excess milk, then discard milk. Lightly beat egg in a large bowl. Mix the egg, bread, ground chicken, and parsley. Divide chicken into 12 balls (24 pieces for appetizers) and form balls. Spray roasting dish with cooking-spray. Arrange meatballs in the pan.
- Brush the remaining oil over meatballs, bake in upper third of oven until meatballs are just cooked through, 15 minutes for cocktail meatballs and 20 to 25 minutes for full size meatballs.
- Pour the Raspberry Chipotle sauce over the meatballs while still hot.
- Serve hot or cold.
The first thing I did was cook the onions and garlic in half the olive oil until softened. You want to add the salt and pepper to this.
Put your ground chicken into a bowl. I know this is not the most appetizing picture but it is what it is.
Next, lightly beat your egg.
Soak your bread in the milk until softened, about 4-5 minutes. Make sure you use fresh French or Italian bread and tear it into small pieces.
Squeeze out the excess milk from the bread and add the bread to the ground chicken along with the egg and parsley.
Add your softened onions and garlic and mix until combined.
Roll into balls, place on a parchment lined roasting dish or roasting dish sprayed with cooking spray. Brush the rest of the olive oil over the meatball. Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes for appetizer size or 20-25 minutes for full size meat balls.
Remove from dish and place on a serving platter and pour over the Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce. I think you will really enjoy these!!!
I give this recipe plus out of 4……
These are a good substitute for regular meatballs. The chicken and teriyaki are a great combination. They are easy to make and you can either make them regular size or appetizer size. You can serve these with a sauce or not. They are good either way. I will definitely be making these again!
Baked Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs
Prep time: 20 minutes Cooking
time: 40 minutes Yield: 60 meatballs
2-1/2 lbs. ground chicken 1 cup Veri Veri Teriyaki Sauce 2 scallions, minced 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds 2 cloves garlic
, through garlic press or minced 1/4 teaspoon crushed black pepper
3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
Directions Preheat oven to 375°F.
Add all ingredients to large bowl and mix well. Line a baking sheet
with parchment paper
. Form bite size meatballs and place on parchment paper. Bake for 40 minutes. Transfer to serving tray with toothpicks. Optional – Serve with dipping sauces (as seen in photo above): Sweet Chili Sauce
This is all you need: ground chicken, panko crumbs, black sesame seeds, garlic, crushed black pepper, shallots or scallions and some sort of teriyaki sauce. I say just use your favorite one.
Put all the ingredients into a large bowl.
Mix it up well!
Drop the meatballs onto a parchment lined baking sheet. I made mine appetizer size. It says to bake them for about 40 minutes at 375 degrees. I only needed about 20-25 minutes for the appetizer size.
This is what they look like when they come out. It doesn’t get any easier than that. I don’t think you will be disappointed with the taste. I hope you will enjoy them as much as I did!!!
This is an amazing appetizer! The combination of the roasted tomatoes, herbs, honey and ricotta cheese compliment each other very well. This would be a great appetizer for a dinner party. They are easy to prepare and would be really impressive to serve. When I made these I did make a few minor substitutions, I don’t believe they altered the taste.
Honey-Tomato Bruschetta with Ricotta
2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- Preheat the oven to 300°. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, toss the tomatoes with the olive oil, honey, thyme leaves, salt and pepper. Scrape the tomatoes onto the prepared baking sheet and turn them cut side up. Bake the tomatoes for about 1 hour and 25 minutes, until they begin to shrivel and brown. Let cool.
- Preheat the broiler. Spread out the baguette slices on a baking sheet. Broil for about 30 seconds on each side, until the edges are golden brown.
- Spread the ricotta over the baguette slices and top with the slow-roasted tomatoes. Lightly drizzle the tomatoes with the buckwheat honey, sprinkle with the sliced basil and serve with additional buckwheat honey on the side.
Make Ahead The roasted tomatoes can be refrigerated for up to 2 days. Bring to room temperature before serving.
The first step is to cut your grape or cherry tomatoes in half lengthwise. I used grape tomatoes when I made these.
Put your cut tomatoes, honey, thyme, olive oil, salt and pepper into a bowl. Make sure to coat all the tomatoes. I used dried thyme instead of fresh thyme leaves.
Pour the tomatoes onto a lined baking sheet making sure the tomatoes are cut side up.
Bake in a preheated 300 degree oven for about 1 hour to 1 hour 25 minutes. You want the tomatoes to begin to shrivel and brown. Let the tomatoes cool.
After the tomatoes have cooled some you are ready to finish putting the appetizer together. It goes quick at the point. Cut your baguette into 1/2 inch thick slices, cut on the bias. I bought a baguette that was already cut.
Put the slices under the broiler for about 30 seconds on each side till edges are brown and it is a little brown on one side.
Spread your ricotta cheese on each slice. I had my ricotta at room temperature.
On top of the ricotta cheese, spread your roasted tomatoes.
Drizzle a little honey on top of the tomatoes. It calls for buckwheat honey but I just used the clover. Also sprinkle basil on the very top. I did not have fresh basil so I used dried. These changes I made did not alter the taste.
Serve these with a great bottle of wine or whatever you like to drink and you will have one amazing appetizer. Bon Appetit!!
I give this recipe plus out of 4……