If you are looking for a rich chocolate loaf cake, this is the one for you! It is very moist and very easy to make. Another good thing is that it makes 2. You could keep one for yourself and give one away, or you can eat them both.
Chocolate Dream Cake – Source
Cook Time: 60 – 70 minutes
Yield: **** Makes TWO LoavesYou will need a 10-in (25 cm) Bundt pan or two 9 x 5-in (23 x 13 cm) loaf pans.
1 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup plain yoghurt, (not fat-free)
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
4 eggs, at room temperature
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 cup semisweet chocolate chip
2. In a bowl, gradually whisk milk into cocoa powder to make a smooth paste; whisk in yoghurt and set aside.
3. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy; beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
5. Using a wooden spoon, stir in flour mixture alternately with milk mixture, making 3 additions of flour and 2 of milk. Fold in chocolate chips.
6. Spread into prepared pan, smoothing top. Bake for 60 to 70 min or until a tester inserted in centre comes out with a few moist crumbs clinging to it. Let cool in pan on a rack for 15 min. Invert onto rack, remove pan and let cool completely.
Allow to cool. Store in an airtight container. You can also freeze half or all of it, wrap in parchment paper, then place in a zippy bag. Defrost as normal and enjoy! It will still be moist.
The first thing you want to do is whisk the milk into the cocoa powder. You want it to make a smooth paste.
Next, whisk in the yogurt.
In another bowl combine your flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In a large mixing bowl mix your butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
Add part of the flour mixture to the batter and stir it in with a wooden spoon.
Stir in part of the chocolate and milk mixture.
Stir in more of the flour mixture.
Stir in the rest of the chocolate and milk mixture.
Stir in the rest of the flour mixture.
Fold in the chocolate chips.
Pour into 2 greased loaf pans or a Bundt pan.
Bake in a 350-degree oven for about 1 hour or until done. (Stick a toothpick in the center and when few moist crumbs stick to th toothpick they are ready). Turn onto a wire rack to cool.
When they are cool cut and enjoy them! I can promise you will not be disappointed. This is really good with a cold glass of milk or a cup of coffee!