If you are a chocolate lover this is the dessert for you! If you have never had Pot de Crème before, you are in for a real treat. It is really rich and very dense. This may seem difficult to make but if you follow the instructions given it is really not that hard. I actually used a combination of two recipes when I made this. Get ready for a wonderful treat!
Milk-Chocolate Pots de Crème
10 ounces milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 large egg yolks
- Crème fraîche and chocolate shavings, for garnish
- In a large heatproof bowl, combine the milk and bittersweet chocolates.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the milk, heavy cream and sugar to a boil, whisking constantly until the sugar is dissolved. In a medium heatproof bowl, whisk the egg yolks. Gradually whisk in half of the hot cream. Whisk the egg-and-cream mixture into the saucepan and cook over moderate heat, stirring with a wooden spoon, until the custard coats the back of the spoon, about 4 minutes. Pour the custard over the chocolate and let stand for 2 minutes, then stir until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender and puree until very smooth, about 1 minute. Pour the mixture into eight 4-ounce ramekins and refrigerate until chilled, 2 hours.
- Let the pots de crème stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Garnish with crème fraîche and chocolate shavings; serve.