Chipotle Popcorn Chicken Recipe
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1/2 cup Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce, chopped finely
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- salt and pepper to taste
- Panko breadcrumbs
- oil for frying
- In a bowl whisk together buttermilk, egg, cornstarch, salt, pepper and chipotle peppers.
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1 inch pieces. Place the chicken in the batter and let it sit for at least a couple hours in the fridge.
- Pour some panko breadcrumbs in a shallow plate.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Coat each piece of chicken with breadcrumbs, add more breadcrumbs as needed, and fry on both sides for 3 to 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Place on paper napkins to soak up some of the oil. Repeat with all chicken pieces. Only add a few pieces of chicken to the skillet at a time, so the chicken turns out crispy.
The first step is to whisk together the buttermilk, egg, cornstarch, salt, pepper and chipotle peppers.
Cut up you chicken into 1 to 1 1/2 inch pieces and place into the buttermilk with the chipotles in adobo sauce. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. The longer you do the more flavor you get.
Coat each piece with the panko crumbs.
Heat the oil and fry chicken for about 3-5 minutes on each side till chicken is cooked through. Do not over crowd your skillet while frying the chicken. It will take you some time to fry all the pieces. Place onto paper napkins or towels to help absorb some of the oil.
Use your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!