What a way to end 2012! These little cakes are amazing… How can you go wrong with chocolate, caramel and whipped cream? They are very rich and so worth all the calories!!! Happy New Year to all my readers and their families! I hope 2013 is a great year for you all. 🙂
Warm Chocolate Pudding Cakes with Caramel Sauce
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) cold unsalted butter, cubed, plus more, room temperature, for ramekins
- 1/3 cup sugar, plus more for ramekins
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 large eggs plus 2 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Caramel Sauce, for serving
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter four 6-ounce ramekins, then coat lightly with sugar, tapping out excess. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine butter and chocolate. Microwave until melted, about 1 minute; stir until smooth. (Or melt mixture in a heatproof bowl set over, not in, a pan of simmering water.)
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, yolks, flour, and salt; add chocolate mixture and whisk to combine. Fill each ramekin three-quarters full with batter; place on a rimmed baking sheet and refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Bake until center of a cake is soft but not wet when pressed, 27 to 30 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes. Serve cakes warm, topped with caramel and whipped cream.
For the best texture, don’t overbake the cakes. Lightly coating the ramekins with sugar helps the cakes rise as they bake and makes them easy to unmold before serving, if you like
The first thing you want to do is get your ramekins ready. Butter and coat with granulated sugar and set aside.
Put your chocolate and butter into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave until melted about 1 minute. Stir until smooth.
Put your flour, sugar, salt, eggs, and yolks into a large bowl. Whisk until combined.
Add your melted chocolate to the egg and flour mixture. Whisk this until well combined.
This is what it should look like when it is well combined.
Pour into the ramekins and refrigerate 15 minutes.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 27-30 minutes or until center is soft. Let cool for 5 minutes before you remove from ramekins. They should slide out easily onto a serving plate.
Spoon on your caramel sauce on to the top of each cake. You can either make your own caramel sauce or use your favorite in a jar.
Next put a dollop of whipped cream on the top of each cake. Now your ready to enjoy! You are in for a real treat!!!!!!