All I can say is YUM! YUM! YUM! These bars do not disappoint. They live up to their name. They are rich in peanut butter flavor, soft and chewy on the inside with a nice crunch…. There is no flour in these. This recipe uses quick oats in place of the flour. These are quick to make. If you have kids they will ask for these over and over. It’s also a good way to get them to eat oats.
MONSTER Cookie Bars!
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1-½ cup of Creamy Peanut Butter
- 3 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 4-½ cups Quick Cooking Oatmeal
- 1 package (12 Oz. Size) Chocolate Chips
- 1 package (12 Oz. Size) of milk chocolate M&M’s
**Alternative Option** I have made these before using mini reese’s pieces instead of M&M’s because my hubs prefers peanut butter to chocolate, so if you’re a big peanut butter fan, this may be a good and delicious option for you 🙂
1. Combine the butter and sugars, blend well
2. Blend in eggs and baking soda
3. Add peanut butter in mix and blend until smooth
4. Then cup at a time, start mixing by hand the oatmeal.
5. Slowly add in the M&M’s and chocolate chips (by hand)
6. Spread in a well greased 9×13 pan for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees– do not overbake! These taste better just a little on the soft side. Store in an airtight container
The first thing you need to do is put your butter, brown and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl.
You want to mix this up well. It will look like pebbles.
Next add your eggs and baking soda.
Now your batter will become really thin and creamy with bubbles.
Add your peanut butter next.
The batter is getting thicker now and looks just like creamy peanut butter.
It’s now time to add the oats. Make sure to use the quick oats.
You will need to mix the oats in one cup at a time by hand. Do not use a mixer.
I was ready to eat it just like this!!!!!
I almost forgot about the chocolate chips. Go ahead and stir them in. Your not done yet…..
You also will add M & M’s or a combination of M & M’s and Reese’s Pieces. Use your favorites.
Mix this up till all pieces are well incorporated.
Spread the batter into a 9 x 13 inch pan and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 30-40 minutes. I know the recipe says 15-20 minutes but mine were not done after that time. Check after the 20 minutes and go from there. You do want them a little soft though. They will firm up some after they cool. Do not over bake these.
This is what you want them to look like when they are done. Let them cool before trying to cut. Get ready for you taste buds to explode!!!