When was the last time you made a yummy dessert with only three ingredients??? The three ingredients in this dessert are butterscotch flavored morsels, peanut butter and corn flakes cereal. I would actually call them No bake Peanut Butter and Butterscotch Crunchies!! I must say this is one of the easiest and fastest desserts I’ve ever made. I love the combination of the peanut butter and butterscotch flavor, and then when you add the crunch of the corn flakes it all comes together in a wonderful way!!!! I think this is a very kid friendly dessert.
Here is where I got the recipe from
- 1 2/3 cups (11-oz package) Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 5 1/2 cups corn flakes cereal
- Line baking sheets with waxed paper; set aside.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, melt butterscotch morsels in the microwave uncovered on medium-high for 1 minute or until just melted. Stir in peanut butter until smooth. Add corn flakes; stir until coated.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until firm. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
When you are microwaving the butterscotch morsels make sure they are melted pretty good. I had to go longer than 1 minute. This is what it should look like when it is melted and you have added the peanut butter.
I could not resist a little taste at this stage!!! I just wanted to make sure it was OK…… Now for the cornflakes. You may need to add a few more, I did.
Make sure you refrigerate till firm. When they are firm see if you can eat just on!!
I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!!!